Honda Civic tuning software
The Three Suggested Tuning Paths to Upgrade your Honda Civic
- The first path (A) is going straight for the most horsepower gains, by using forced induction (e.g. turbo kit or supercharger) as the base setup for your Honda Civic.
- The second path (B) is to tune your Honda Civic with a naturally aspirated setup (e.g. cold air intake, no turbo or supercharger) as your base.
- The last path (C) is to get parts that will work for both a naturally aspirated engine and a forced induction setup, then decide later if you want to go forced induction or upgrade your naturally aspirated setup.
For each path we will list a few parts to get you started. By no means is this a complete list of parts to tune your Civic; it's just an idea to get you started. Feel free to email us, or call us and let us know the year, how many doors, and trim level of your Honda Civic and we will assist you in selecting the other optimal performance parts for your Civic.
If you're confused about what naturally aspirated and a forced induction engine setups are you should read our Honda Civic Upgrading FAQ. The upgrading FAQ is a great place for beginners to start to learn about tuning their Honda Civic and a great refresher course for the experienced tuner.
Path A (Forced Induction)
This path requires the biggest upfront investment, but will give you the best gains and the best tuning base to work with. If you have the money, this is the path we recommend. Here are the following parts and actions we recommend:
- Get a Honda Civic turbo kit (Civic Turbo Kits). A turbo kit comes with headers and its own air intake, and usually some Fuel Delivery Components. Hence, you will not have to purchase headers or a cold air/short ram intake. If an intercooler is not included in your kit, we highly recommend purchasing one at the same time as your kit.
- Go to a dyno shop and tune your turbo kit or supercharger. Although this is not necessary on the kits we carry, we generally recommended it for maximum power. If you need help finding one, we can help you.
- Upgrade your Civic's ignition components such as spark plugs, spark plug wires, ignition coil, modified distributor cap/rotor kit, and a forced induction ignition component. Tuning your Civic's ignition system is a low cost upgrade that will be well worth while for an older Civic. You can find the Civic's ignition components here.
- To further increase performance, you can add one of several nitrous systems that we offer. Nitrous significantly cools down the air going into your Civic, which adds a lot of power. If you don't have a turbo kit or supercharger, you can still use nitrous as an extremely cost-effective horsepower upgrade.
Path B (Naturally Aspirated)
If you choose not to go big with a forced induction setup, then you'll be headed down the naturally aspirated path. Here are the following parts and actions we recommend: