- Mn3+ in Trigonal Bipyramidal Coordination: A New Blue Chromophore
Journal of the American Chemical Society
Smith, Mizoguchi, Delaney, Spaldin, Sleight and Subramanian
2009 131 (47), pp 6
Abstract: We show that trivalent manganese, Mn3+, imparts an intense blue color to oxides when it is introduced at dilution in trigonal bipyramidal coordination. Our optical measurements and first-principles density functional theory calculations indicate that the ...
- From M(BH4)3 (M = La, Ce) Borohydride Frameworks to Controllable Synthesis of Porous Hydrides and Ion Conductors
Ley, Jørgensen, Černý, Filinchuk, and Jensen
2016 55 (19), pp 9748–9756
Abstract: Rare earth metal borohydrides show a number of interesting properties, e.g., Li ion conductivity and luminescence, and the series of materials is well explored. However, previous attempts to obtain M(BH4)3 (M = La, Ce) by reacting MCl3 and LiBH4 yielded ...Synthetic approaches are presented for the isolation of -/-M(BH4)3 (M = La, Ce). The cubic -Ce(BH4)3 (Fm3̅) contains empty voids (∼59 Å3) in the open framework structure. Additionally, M(BH4)3 can be combined with LiCl in an addition reaction to form Li4[M4(BH4)12Cl4], containing the unique tetranuclear cluster [M4(BH4)12Cl4]4− and shows high Li-ion conductivity. This reaction pathway opens a way to synthesize a series of A4[M4(BH4)12X4] compounds with different anions (X) and metal ions (A).
- High-Pressure Synthesis and Ferrimagnetic Ordering of the B-Site-Ordered Cubic Perovskite Pb2FeOsO6
Zhao, Liu, Dai, Deng, Yin, Zhou, Yang, Hu, Agrestini, Chen, Pellegrin, Valvidares, Nataf, Baudelet, Tjeng, Yang, Jin, and Long
2016 55 (19), pp 9816–9821
Abstract: Pb2FeOsO6 was prepared for the first time by using high-pressure and high-temperature synthesis techniques. This compound crystallizes into a B-site-ordered double-perovskite structure with cubic symmetry Fm3̅, where the Fe and Os atoms are orderly ...A novel oxide Pb2FeOsO6 was synthesized by using high-pressure techniques. This is the first observation of a B-site-ordered cubic double perovskite in the A2FeOsO6 family. The antiferromagnetic interaction occurring between the half-filled 3d orbitals of Fe and t2g orbitals of Os instead of the empty Os eg ones leads to a long-range ferrimagnetic ordering near 280 K via the 180° Fe−O−Os interaction pathways.
- Effect of Co Substitution on the Crystal and Magnetic Structure of SrFeO2.75−δ: Stabilization of the “314-Type” Oxygen Vacancy Ordered Structure without A-Site Ordering
Marik, Chennabasappa, Fernández-Sanjulián, Petit, and Toulemonde
2016 55 (19), pp 9778–9789
Abstract: A study of the structure–composition–properties correlation is reported for the oxygen-deficient SrFe1–xCoxO2.75−δ ( = 0.1–0.85) materials. The introduction of Co in the parent SrFeO2.75 (Sr4Fe4O11) structure revealed an interesting structural ...A study of the structure−composition−properties correlation is reported for the oxygen-deficient SrFe1−xCoxO2.75−δ ( = 0.1−0.85) materials. At room temperature (RT), orthorhombic (Cmmm, 2√2p × 2ap×√2ap) → tetragonal (4/mmm, p × p × 2p type) → tetragonal (4/mmm, 2p × 2p × 4ap) structural transformation is observed with increasing Co content. Further, the stabilization of the “314-type” superstructure is related to the ordering of oxygen vacancies in the oxygen-deficient Co−O layers, and the same assists in forming Co3+ spin-state ordering.
- Post-Synthesis Modification of the Aurivillius Phase Bi2SrTa2O9 via In Situ Microwave-Assisted “Click Reaction”
Wang, Delahaye, Leuvrey, Leroux, Rabu, and Rogez
2016 55 (19), pp 9790–9797
Abstract: A new strategy for the functionalization of layered perovskites is presented, based on the in situ post-synthesis modification of a prefunctionalized phase by copper(I)-catalyzed alkyne–azide cycloaddition (CuAAC). The microwave-assisted protonation and ...Fast and efficient in situ modification of the interlayer functionalization of a layered perovskite can be achieved via microwave-assisted post-synthesis click reaction. This strategy allows to overcome the limitations of insertion/grafting approaches to the synthesis of layered perovskite hybrids.
- Determination of the Local Environment of Mn3+ and In3+ in the YInO3–YMnO3 Solid Solution, Which Exhibits an Intense Blue Color
- Pourquoi le Monde des Voitures ? Mais c’est évident, c’est le meilleur site qui parle de l’entretien de la voiture, qui donne les conseils les plus nécessaires sur le tuning et les réparations, qui vous offre l’occasion d’améliorer votre manière de conduite. N’hésitez pas à visiter le site et à apprendre quelque chose de nouveau!